- Job-ID: V000004461
- Location: Richmond, Canada
- Start date: Immediate
- Closing date: 12/11/2021
- Working Hours: Full-time
Get Your Career On Track
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak, with ten production facilities across Canada, US and Mexico, is North America’s leading designer and manufacturer of special trackwork for the railway industry. As the industry’s technology leader, we take pride in providing superior products, excellent customer service and unbeatable engineering design services to our customers. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions, products and services to our customers across rail freight and transit segments.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak (“Nortrak”) is a subsidiary of voestalpine AG (www.voestalpine.com) one of Europe’s premier steel producers with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Nortrak is closely affiliated with voestalpine’s Railway Systems group which operates in 21 countries across the globe to provide cutting edge system-based solutions to railroads and transits. Our website is https://www.voestalpine.com/nortrak/en/
Safety is our #1 commitment to our employees and quality is our #1 commitment to our customers.
At Nortrak, we strive for excellence. Exceeding customer expectations is one of our core values. Our reputation is based on our successful track record. We work as a team to proactively solve problems, rigorously comply with standards, continuously improve our products and technical competencies, consistently do what we say we do, and encourage open dialogue with customers.
We are proud to recognize and celebrate the safety achievements of our teams across the company and work hard to ensure safety remains a strong part of our culture. We focus on taking care of each other and ensuring our colleagues go home safe and healthy every single day.
We value an open, encouraging, family oriented environment that supports learning, career growth and development.
The Corporate Accountant is an integral part of the finance and accounting team. Reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration this position is primarily responsible for assisting with accounting and financial reporting processes, and performance of indirect US and Canadian tax compliance functions.
- Review and maintain customer exemption certificates for completeness and validity
- Process and file all multi-state/local sales and use tax reports and payments and resolve any customer sales tax issues
- Prepare various journal entries and reconcile assigned sections of the General Ledger
- Maintain tax and other regulatory compliance calendar for the Corporate office and supported production facilities
- Correspond with external consultants (Auditors, Tax Advisors etc.) and tax authorities to assist with requirements or resolve any issues
- Assist in the preparation of working papers and data for financial reporting, audit and income tax purposes
- Assist in other accounting and finance duties and projects assigned by management
Qualifications and Personal Traits
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Completed or enrolled in a CPA designation program
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in either a full-cycle accounting environment or a public practice accounting firm
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills combined with sound professional judgement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize deliverables
- Willingness to collaborate with and help other functions and divisions