- Job-ID: V000004139
- Location: Corpus Christi
- Closing date: 10/01/2021
- Working Hours: Full-time
voestalpine Texas LLC errichtet und betreibt die Direktreduktionsanlage der voestalpine in San Patricio County/Texas. Die erdgasbasierte Anlage mit modernster Technologie ermöglicht den österreichischen Stahlproduktionsstandorten in Linz und Donawitz künftig Zugang zu kostengünstigem und umweltfreundlichem HBI und sichert so deren Konkurrenzfähigkeit langfristig ab. Des Weiteren wird ein Teil der Produktion an längerfristig interessierte Partner verkauft.
Under general maintenance supervision, the Maintenance Engineer performs planning of repair and maintenance of the plant and material handling equipment as effectively and economically as possible while being consistent with plant policies, practices and procedures. The person in this position will constantly drive to minimize overall maintenance costs. This teammate will need the ability to work in a team setting or independently on projects that will ensure the division reaches its goals. The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer’s tasks & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform all work in compliance with all EH&S standards and company procedures/policies
- Assists with the development of organization, procedures and processes manuals for the Maintenance Department
- Coordinate the mechanical maintenance team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the teams mission and objectives
- Propose and control the mechanical component of the maintenance budget
- Ensure that all personnel performing mechanical related activities must be legally trained and certified
- Ensure at all times safe installations and operations through proper design, protection systems, procedures and training. Supervision of Lockout/tag out procedures
- Monitor plant and equipment to ensure optimal operation and reduction of planned and unplanned downtime.
- Coordinate with Production, Quality Management and 3rd Party Engineering to resolve any issues
- Supervise and coordinate mechanical maintenance and project work by contractors
- Ensure proper management of distribution documents (manuals, drawings,…) through efficient filling and archiving procedures.
- Initiate and drive Continuous Improvement (CI) with the aim of achieving optimized plant performance.
- Plans actual and future material requirements in collaboration with Process Operation and Materials Handling department.
- Perform RCFA for failures in plant equipment
- Correct any issues relating to mechanical design of plant equipment
- Assists during Cold and Hot Test
- Assists Safety Manager regarding safety and emergency measures and realization of safety and emergency plans.
- Ensures that quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management of voestalpine Texas LLC.
voestalpine Texas Expectations:
- Have sufficient planning and organization skills.
- Be a reliable team member and acts as team player to create a positive work environment.
- Be able to handle issues confidential.
- Be flexible in working hours, requested missions and time management.
- Be patient and flexible to handle different cultures.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be familiar with industrial plant work conditions.
- Be able to work under local weather conditions.
- Be able to work outside as well as inside.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing plant processes
- Good knowledge of local codes and standards
- Motors, PLC, Drives Experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance knowledge
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics and process flow diagrams
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Experience in Autocad (CAD)
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing. Skills will be used to produce quality reports and thorough instructions and directions.
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand and work for more than 2 hours in tough environmental conditions (high temperature, high humidity, noise, & dust), and withstand heights of up to 500 feet.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC-card.
- Willingness to make Business Trips for up to 2 months. Therefore must have or be able to obtain a passport.
- Candidates responding to this posting must presently be entitled to work in the United States.
voestalpine Texas LLC