- Job-ID: V000001191
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Start date: As Soon As Possible
- Closing date: 08/31/2022
- Working Hours: Full-time
Get Your Career On Track
Perform design work under the supervision of a Team Lead. Produce drawings, Bills of Material and maybe required to use CNC programming related to the company’s products as per the latest company design standards/guidelines and industry and customer specifications using the designated CAD/CAM software, currently MicroStation and SolidWorks and NX (CAD/CAM) and SAP (ERP).
- Abides by all customer and Nortrak safety policies and procedures while on customer & Nortrak sites
- Ensures design specifications of drawings meet customer and Nortrak safety standards.
- Produce practical designs and other design components (BOMs, ITPs, etc.) for tooling and Nortrak product.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy developed through knowledge of the application, manufacture and service requirements, customer and Nortrak standards and industry state of practice.
- Stay current with company manufacturing processes and product/industry knowledge.
- Works closely with Manufacturing to address design/manufacturability issues.
- Maximizes utilization of time to complete projects accurately and meeting department and company commitment dates.
- Works as a member of a design team, cooperates with Nortrak Management in an effective manner to produce designs efficiently and on budget with a high degree of manufacturability.
- Shares information with and encourages other team members.
- Develops close working relationships between both internal and external customers and suppliers.
Other duties as assigned
Post-Secondary education with diploma or degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
FIELD OF EXPERIENCE:
Three to five years experience in the engineering field.
Knowledge of materials & casting processes related to the company’s manufactured products & experience working in a manufacturing environment an asset.
Detailed knowledge in CAD, preferably NX, MicroStation & SolidWorks. CAM (NX, Surfcam, WorkNC) SAP knowledge would be an asset
Strong interpersonal/communication skills both oral and written.
Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to work as a project team member.
Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in efficient manner.
The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and be detailed oriented.
Must be familiar with the use of CAD software, in particular, NX, Microstation and Solidworks programs and/or CAM (NX, Surfcam, WorkNC)
Familiar with a PLM system and ERP system