Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Job-ID: V000007138
- Location: Kapfenberg or Vienna
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Closing date: 08.06.2023
- Working Hours: Full-time
Are you an experienced Data Engineer and keen to:
- Realize projects and develop data products in an industrial setting?
- Contribute to the further development of our data science platform?
- Join a highly motivated, innovative, and multi-disciplinary team?
We look for a self-motivated and goal-oriented team player with a hands-on mentality and strong problem-solving skills to join our Data Science & AI Team at DIGITAL SOLUTIONS. We are an ambitious team of open-minded people and play a lead role in the digital transformation of our division’s global company network.
We are excited to appoint a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d) in Kapfenberg or Vienna. The position offers a unique opportunity to play a key role in implementing data-driven products & services that secure the future operational excellence of our enterprise.
The primarily desired job site is Kapfenberg, Austria, with a certain share of remote work. Vienna is also possible as place of employment but requires regular travel to Kapfenberg.
voestalpine High Performance Metals DIGITAL SOLUTIONS GmbH is the innovative partner of the High Performance Metals Division within the voestalpine Group. We provide scalable products and solutions in the areas of Data Science & AI, Industrial IoT, Automation & Robotics, and Sensors.
Please find further information on our website: https://www.voestalpine.com/highperformancemetals/en/digitalsolutions/
Job descriptionJob description
- Lead the DataOps efforts to develop and extend our shared data platform to support sustainable, self-service, and high-quality data applications
- Work with an agile mindset in cross-functional teams
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain batch & streaming data pipelines for ingestion and distributed processing of data from multiple sources, such as relational databases, REST APIs, SAP, and Kafka
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Full Stack Developers to create scalable data architectures for data visualization, data analysis, and machine learning tasks
- Develop a solid understanding of our production processes and our value chains, and pro-actively engage with domain experts to understand their needs
- Stay on top of latest technology developments and continuously contribute to the transfer of data engineering and DevOps practices across several globally located data teams
- Strong software engineering/programming skills in Python with a University degree in a related technical field and/or years of professional experience
- Solid experience with agile methods, DevOps, and DataOps practices (git, CI/CD, containerization and orchestration using OpenShift/K8s, monitoring, Unix/Linux, shell scripting)
- Extensive knowledge of big data architectures and distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka), orchestration (Apache Airflow), and SQL/NoSQL databases
- Basic understanding of Data Science (statistics, data visualization, machine learning) and knowledge of related Python libraries (pandas, scikit-learn) is beneficial
- Fluently written and spoken English/German, and willingness to travel nationally
- Experience in an industrial setting (especially in the process industry, e.g. metals, paper, etc.) is beneficial
What we offerWhat we offer
Salary Package and Benefits: The collective minimum salary agreement for this position is € 4.222,78 gross (14 x per year). The actual payment depends on the particular qualification and experience.
voestalpine offers its workforce an attractive and appreciative working environment: We support with an extensive initial introduction phase, regular on – the – job trainings, flexible working hours and annual appraisal interviews. We enable certain perquisites and benefits for different commercial partners and with a good course of business all employees will be paid an additional annual bonus. Employee participation is of particular importance for us; currently employees of voestalpine hold 14% of the shares.
The fact that voestalpine is a globally leading steel and technology group today is primarily thanks to its approximately 50,200 employees. We are constantly working to create a modern working environment that values diversity, equal opportunities and the joy of innovation.
We are looking forward to receive your application.
More information about our application process can be found on the first page of our application form and in the “FAQs to apply”.
Please be aware that benefits may vary depending on location.
If we have sparked your interest, please use our online application form. Our CV - parsing tool makes your application even faster.
Training and education; Company pension; Company cell phone; Company laptop; Flexible work hours; Healthy nutrition; Health measures; Good transportation access; Home office; Cafeteria; Employee participation; Employee events; Employee bonuses; Employee benefits; Sports and fitness programs